Friday, June 28, 2013

Contract Chronicles

Last week, my husband and I signed our contract with K&P Builders to build Lancaster model on a 1 acre lot! We are super excited, but the builder and the lender have yet to connect so that we can move forward with breaking ground!  Both the lender and the builder have assured us that our financing is in place, but they haven't finalized all of the legal aspects of the contract. We have $20k for the pre-build downpayment, but they aren't ready to accept it! Trying really hard not to get frustrated, but we are so anxious and so eager to get started! Since I'm forced to wait, I will continue to plan and dream. Here are a few pics of the exterior of a Lancaster and the interior floor plan.



Lancaster exterior - We do not like stone fronts. So, we've selected a white brick, with black shutters, white trim, and dark front door. Below are a few pics of the exterior color combination we will have. 



Our home will look much like the ones below! Love the fresh look of clean white brick against the black shutters and white trim. Love the box bay window too! 





12 comments:

  1. It is going to be a gorgeous home! Congratulations to you all I am excited to follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chateaunadine! I started following you just last week. Looking forward to following your progress as well. Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  2. What a grand looking home. Can't wait to see all your choices.
    We are building with RH in VA. If you want to follow along; www.romeiswheretheheartis.wordpress.com
    Congrats on your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa!!!

      Thanks for the support on my blog. I'm totally new to this, but I absolutely loved your blog page/set up. Can you tell me how you were able to have such a nice display page?

      Delete
    2. This was my first blog too. I'm on WordPress so I don't know it that matters. If you want send me an email and I'll let you know what I did. My email address is digglesm@yahoo.com.

      Delete
  3. Hi! Thanks for so much for following us. I would love to follow your progress. Thanks for the invite and for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have started a blog! Good Luck and I cant wait to follow your progress. You are going to love your home! How come they wont take your down payment yet, they took ours the day we signed.
    Also you might want to remove the word verification when people post on your blog. This will enable more people to leave comments and give feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Summer!!! Thanks for following and for the suggestion. I will fix that right away, I need all of the support and feedback that folks are willing to give. I think the issue may be that they haven't finalized permits and such... but I have a meeting on a meeting on Tuesday so hopefully their ready by then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Azalia, you are in my neck of the woods!! I am so happy to have found your blog. Thank you for joining our blog. Welcome to the RH Blog Land and I can't wait to see your home build journey. The blog is what kept me sane and the information is such a powerful resource. You are definitely blessed to build such a large home. How much square footage? I believe another Lancaster was built on this blog just not sure if it was a K&P model. I will hold the space for your desire to raise your family in this beautiful home. Congratulations and HAPPY BUILDING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lady!!! Congrats to you too! We should definitely stay connected throughout the process. Where are you building?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! I just found your blog and am excited to follow! My husband and I are building a custom home with a local builder here in SC. If you would like to follow my site is www.buildingourcustommonroe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. PTL!!!! I know God is with you niece, go forth, both of you are in my prayers...the best is yet to come....my grand-nieces:)

    Love you dearly,
    Aunt Alvia

    ReplyDelete